Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Macbeth

On Saturday night I went to see The Rude Mechanicals production of Shakespeare's Macbeth. I have seen quite a few performances by the Rudes but this one was by far the best. The acting was the best I have seen from the cast, the battle and fights scenes were fantastic, and the entire tone of the play was downright creepy. I know when the cast is good when they can make me cringe in my seat (which does not happen that often).

I did know most of the story of Macbeth before hand, which did make it less confusing as most Shakespeare plays can be to those who are unfamiliar with the events. The play was the longest I've seen the Rudes put on (it was 2 1/2 hours) but the pacing went relatively quick). Overall, I was very impressed by what the Rude Mechanicals were able to do. Great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment