Friday, March 12, 2010

Flash is a pain

This past week I have finally started to try to code my game. I decided to start from the bottom and work my way up. Basically I am starting with the larger aspects and moving down to the smaller ones, hopefully hitting the most important parts first.

The first thing I have started to do is to try to create the borders of them game. Because Fred is supposed to be contained in a certain area, I need to code the board to prevent him from moving out. I took some code from another game which is exactly what I need but I have to figure out exactly how they coded it. I have a seperate layer that holds the borders, so I need to code that so it prevents Fred from passing through when he comes in contact with it.

I have made a small amount of progress but Flash is becoming annoying at times. I had it coded so Fred can move, which worked great, but as soon as I tried to add another set of code, he stopped. And then I could not code it again so that he would move. It was real annoying because I know the code was exactly the same. But, I am going to work on this over Spring Break so I should have more time to play around with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment