Thursday, March 4, 2010

Research!!

So I finally began my research for codes for my Flash game. Hasn't gone too well so far. I began on trying to look for codes on how to make a maze, like in PacMan, since my game has a similarity in that aspect. It all takes place on one board and the all the characters and elements have to remain in a designated area. My first attempts to find coding that would work were unsuccessful.

I first found a site where there was coding on how to make a maze like PacMan but it did not work at all. I also did not understand what the guy was trying to explain in his explanation. I think I had to have a better understanding of other aspects of Flash that I did not.

After that I looked for more coding but all that lead me to was code for mazes like the type you do on paper. You have an intricate maze where you have to find your way from one end to the other. This is not what I need so I am going to have to try again. I may have to search for something different then mazes. I may try collision detection instead to see what I can find.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a good game i would give u an idea about the maze but idk were to find them

    ReplyDelete