Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Semester Goals

For this semester I basically have one solid goal I want to achieve. I want to fully complete my game. This sounds like a major goal, and it is, but I believe it should be a capable achievement. The main thing I will have to do is to learn and initiate the flash coding to have the game work as I want it to. From last semester, I still have all the elements that I will need to create the game, such as the characters and the game board. I will just need to edit them somewhat and change certain elements and do some resizing. But since I have more time this semester and more skills to do this it should not be a problem.

What I mainly have to concentrate on is learning the code such as collision detection and other effects. This is my main goal for the semester. I plan to have at least a simple, fully functional game that works. Even if the effects are not as well done as I would like them to be.

I will also be researching a specific area of video games and post weekly blogs about what I have discovered about this specific issue. At the moment, I want to look into the video game culture and the differences between the old school and new school types of gamers. Depending on the information I find

1 comment:

  1. I hope we can do your game. With the help of the Mountain toppers code I feel pretty confident that we can fix it.

    ReplyDelete