Thursday, January 21, 2010

Research Topic


Through out the semester I will writing about a certain subject that has to do with video games. What I have decided on, which is something that I find pretty interesting, is what I call "Video Game Society". I want to look at the differences between Classic video gamers (such as the original Pac Man/Donkey Kong, etc) players and the modern gamers. It is not unknown that with the invention of household consoles such as Playstation or Xbox that it is easier for people to become deeply involved in video games.

I also want to look at how the older game players few the modern game players and what they think about the new types of games that are being released. There is a major difference in games from the Donkey Kong era to the Call of Duty era and I would like to find out some information on what people think about this. Do the older game players find these newer games to be fun, addictive, or challenging or are the original games more complicated and addictive?

I think that also looking at the evolution of video games and game playing will add a great deal to this research topic. At this moment I think that there is a greater increase in the number of hardcore game players but I would like to see if I can find a difference in the amount of effort that it takes to be a constant (possibly compulsive) game player.

No comments:

Post a Comment