Thursday, September 8, 2011

How to Begin a Comm Capstone

I am re-posting this post on this blog since I think I did it incorrectly on the previous one. So if anyone read that one, this is the same stuff.

This is my first entry for the Capstone and so far I've been running behind. I missed the entire first week of school due to some stupid flu (which I never get) so I have been playing catch up with all classes.

What I have done for the Capstone, is I have decided on what I will be doing. I am going to center my Capstone around my comedy writing. I will also be doing a complete first episode of a comedy-sketch television show. I also want to try to finish the play I wrote as well as write at least another script (considering a comic book format) so I will have an extensive portfolio.

The main focus for my Capstone is going to be on the writing, so while those of us who will be in the show are not professional actors, I am more concerned with the overall structure and writing of the episode than on the quality of the filming.

With that said, I am going to make this the best I can and am not going to half-ass anything. I figure this is a unique opportunity so better take advantage of it.

So far, I know what the show will be about and the structure I want to take it. I have most of the sketches planned out, but I just need to begin to actually write them. That should be the easiest part. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment